A. VAT of 21% on consignments within the European Union.
On consignments transported within the European Union, 21% VAT will be levied on our invoices.
The VAT is mentioned separately in the rate calculations on this website.
If send to destinations outside the E.U., no VAT is levied; the VAT zero-rate is applicable.
B. VAT zero-rate for exporting goods outside the European Union.
For the exportation of goods to destinations outside the European Union, the VAT zero-rate is applicable. Companies can reclaim already paid VAT from the tax authorities. A proof of export must be kept in their administration.
Rebate of already paid VAT on newly bought items to private individuals is only allowed under the following conditions:
- The value per item must exceed Eur 50.00
- Owner must be a non-E.U. resident
- Date of export must be within 3 months after the date of purchase
As a passenger.
Before you check in, you can request customs at Schiphol Airport to stamp the suppliers invoice (be aware that customs may ask for a formal export entry in the case of a high value). In exchange for this proof of export, the supplier or shop may reimburse the already paid VAT. As the supplier has no obligation to do so - always ask for the possibility of a rebate at the time of purchase.
Anyway, having received the proof of export upon your departure, there is no time to go back to the shop. Global Blue offers a solution. Many shops participate in this Refund system; just ask for the Tax Free Form. Prior to your check in at Amsterdam Airport, you go with the articles, sales receipt and your ticket to Global Blue, Departures 3, at the end of row nbr 2, or Departures 2 near check in 12 and 13. The Global Blue employees will assist you. You will immediately receive the amount mentioned on the Tax Free Form in cash or on your credit card. For more information please see www.global-blue.com www.global-blue.com.
An alternative for VAT-rebate is offered by VAT Free. In the shop, the invoice or receipt must be issued in the name of VAT Free. Through a registration on www.vatfree.nl and after receipt of the proof of export, the VAT will be reimbursed.
A completely different procedure is applicable for goods exported as cargo. The proof of export will be available only after several weeks! In order to make sure you will receive the rebate amount, note the following:
- 1. In case you have a Global Refund Cheque:
- Fill in the reverse side of the Cheque with your bank or credit card details and you will receive the VAT amount direct from Global Refund. This may take up to three months.
- Under certain conditions WBS can accept your Cheque as a partial payment of the freight charges, in which case an administration fee of € 12.00 is levied.
- 2. In case you do not have a Cheque but an invoice, e.g. in the name of VAT Free:
- WBS will declare your goods for export. After a few weeks WBS will send the proof of export to you by surface mail. You can arrange the rebate directly with the shop or supplier.
- Note: entry for one invoice is included in our service; for any additional suppliers invoice we charge € 7.00 extra.
Important: Rebate of VAT is an agreement between the shop and the buyer. WBS and both customs only provide the proof of export.